Interviewing is a learned skill that becomes better when students participate in multiple number of interviews. Students can gain experience in interviewing on job shadows and at Career Launch Interview Preparation Events. Whenever there is a chance for interviewing experience, students need to participate.
- Bring career portfolio with updated resume to all interviews
- Include a personal attribute page that serves as a positive talking point
- Prepare for the interview by reviewing a common asked interview questions handout
- Dress appropriately for all interviews - role plays and real
- Keep smiling and be positive during interview process
- Think of questions to ask the person interviewing