Job shadowing is a very effective way to learn more about career interests. By visiting job sites and interviewing individuals who have occupations of interest, students gain huge career awareness opportunities. Job shadowing is a career event that needs to be an annual career event experience.
- Prepare questions to ask at job shadow
- Talk to parents and school staff about who to job shadow
- Check out job satisfaction by being aware of job environment and climate
- Ask questions about training and ongoing education
- Determine whether career is too difficult or challenging